How to Get a Refund from a Rogue Contractor

After a recent conversation with Mr. David Scheiss, an expert in Zoysia Grass, share with us that nothing feels worse than an experience with a wrong contractor. Generally, people get different results from contractors. Some are satisfied with the contractor’s work, while others aren’t thrilled by the results. It’s your responsibility as the project owner to ensure that an unethical contractor doesn’t violate your rights. If a contractor doesn’t deliver what they promise, you can request a refund. Here’s how to recover money from the wrong contractor.

 Hire an Attorney

Hiring an attorney is expensive, and the process takes time, but it’s worth it. A professional attorney will help you with the legal procedures of recovering your money. Nevertheless, choose a reputable attorney to expedite the process and avoid further headaches.

 Small Claim Courts

Is going to the small claims court worth the effort? Perhaps, this is what you are asking, and it’s worth the effort if the money in question is $10,000 or less, regardless of the amount your state small claims court allows. Here, no attorney is allowed, and you present yourself with tangible evidence of photos, contacts, documents, or other evidence. If the contractor fails to show up during the hearing, you win by default.

 Withhold Future Payments

Withholding future payments for slow contractors who delay the project or walk off your job site is a fantastic way to make a point and complete your job. The contract between you and the contractor should specify the conditions of payments. Therefore, don’t release more funds if the contractor doesn’t meet those conditions. 

 Whether to go after a rogue contractor depends on the amount you’ve lost and the type of delay made, or even how mad you are. Follow the above steps if you’ve hired the wrong contractor and want to demand a refund.…